THE EUROPEAN HUNTINGTON ASSOCIATION: CONFERENCE IN SOFIA
The 22-24th of September 2017 the European Huntington Association (EHA) is arranging a conference in Sofia, Bulgaria. It aims to give information about Huntington’s Disease (HD) and is open to all our friends and members – to professionals and family members impacted by HD.
Our speakers will cover a lot of interesting and important topics. During the conference you will learn more about life with HD: how to cope with the complexity of the disease, how to provide good care and how to take care of yourself in a challenging daily life.
The conference will address issues such as behavioural changes, how it is to live in an HD family, what kind of health services that exists and how important nutrition and physical activity are. On the research part, we will be updated on the current research status and where we might be in the future.
Among our brilliant speakers you will find:
- Jimmy Pollard: Among many other things, Pollard have written the book “Hurry up and Wait” – a book about the cognitive difficulties those with HD experience and common problems faced by people impacted by HD.
- Sarah Tabrizi: Tabrizi has conducted research on HD with the aim to ultimately prevent the onset of the disease. You can find a video interview of Tabrizi here.
- Ralf Reilmann: Neurologist and founder of George Huntington Institute in Munster. Ralf is involved in most of the clincial trials in HD in Europe.
- Monica Busse: Busse is a physiotherapist and has done several investigations on the benfits of physcial activity in HD.
- Alzbeta Muehlbaeck - our own doctor: Muehlbaeck is senior resident of the neuropsychiatric department at a hospital in Germany that provides 20 beds for patients with HD. If you have any questions about HD you can ask Alzbeta directly here.
- Amy Merkel: Merkel comes from a HD family and is a yoga teacher. Merkel looks at yoga and mindfulness in the process of taking better care of oneself.
- Bernhard Landwehrmeyer: Founder of the European Huntington's Disease Network, dedicated neurologist
| || |